The Ph.D. program requires 36 credits of coursework and 48 hours of research experience, as shown in the table below. These requirements provide a foundation to prepare students to plan and conduct research in engineering education.
Course and credit requirements for EER Ph.D.
|# courses||# credits|
|Engineering Education Core||2||6 (minimum)|
|Research Methods Core||4||12 (minimum)|
|Specialization Electives||5||15 (minimum)|
|Immersive Learning Experience||1||3 (minimum)|
|Research Experience||n/a||48 (approx.)|
A grade of B- or better to count for credit towards the degree. The curriculum includes an M.S. degree in EER (30 credits) typically awarded within the first two years.
- EER 601: Foundations of Engineering Education Research (3 credits, to be offered every year)
- EER 602: Introduction to Theoretical Frameworks (3 credits, to be offered every year)
- EER 610: Immersive Learning Experience
- Research methods core: 4 courses
- Specialization electives: 5 courses